B14turbo hatred

edo@power.net edo@power.net
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:59:29 -0600

> That's funny. How many other SR20DE's spun bearings that day? Eh? Must
> have been a sick sight with all of the SR20DE motors sputtering into the
> paddock with rod knock and all.

You must really not have the ability to comprehend the context - you offer
counterpoint, but really it doesn't address the issue. Instead, you respond
with sarcasm that's uncalled for.

> > Obvious? Hardly - you're judging from the sidelines

> There are two people here who aren't judging from the sidelines, you and
> the people at SR20DE development. Everyone else, yes, even your
> "supporters" (where are they, BTW?)

Why do you even bring them up? They are present and have contacted me
privately. Here's one for the record:

"What can I say...

When I put the car on the trailer to Cali it laid down 1200 feet of rubber,
and ran as smooth as a stocker...no joke.

Ron got it, and it ran 110% for him. Couple little maintenance items like a
new wastegate dump tube and a large vaccuum leak that showed up and that's
it. Car put down 409whp with 15's here and 400whp on 17's for Ron.

The *ONLY* thing they had to do was swap in a stock DET longblock. Granted
it was a low port to high port conversion but if there was question they
could have just swapped the low port head on the DET short block and that's
it.

Why it's been down for 5 months getting new injector harness wiring,
injectors, etc etc is way beyond what I can figure out.

Quite frankly it pisses me off to see 6 hard f@#$ing months of blood sweat
and tears get flushed by some back yard shop who can't do a God damn engine
swap.  It's not Ron's fault, he took all the precautions he could to make it
live, like running race fuel etc.

I'm so mad right now I could spit nails. The car was PERFECT when Ron got it
and was still perfect when it went in for the engine swap. All they had to
do was swap the engine.

Ron even pre-paid a large sum of money to expidite the swap and got taken to
the cleaners.

I'm sure this message will piss off many but I don't give a damn. Really.
Whoever is mad can kiss my creamy white ass. Retort all you like, I've got
the skinney from Ron, and even if he was lying about it all, it does NOT
take 5 months to swap a long block. We had Craig's motor out and in, in one
day.

Ron I've been on vacation...just got back, I'll give you a call.

Last edited by Jay Hass on 02-09-2002 at 02:44 PM

In all seriousness, you guys have to fair to Ron. It's his car. He bought
it, and did his own work on it. I really appreciate the kind words, but it's
not fair to Ron to have everyone call it "Jay's car".

Believe me, I still have feelings for the car and it kills me to see what
SR20Development is doing to it.  (Did I say that?   )

Ron is a really decent guy with a lot of integrity. Give him some slack.

Last edited by Jay Hass on 01-25-2002 at 12:11 AM

>are all just watching from the
> "sidelines". Granted, I'm not a big sports fan, but sports are judged
> from the sidelines, think about why for a minute.

> > Ah, so you're an entrepreneur that makes a living maintaining
> > other people's vehicles. I don't understand why you avoided
> > the root problem - CUSTOMER SERVICE. I guess there is honor
> > among thieves after all.

> Perhaps you should go back and read more carefully. I have yet to make
> one single comment on "customer service" or "sr20 development", you are
> entirely too presumptuous. I was making an observation based on what I
> see here that has absolutely nothing to do with any shop. My statement
> was simply that Jay H drove the piss out of the car with no problems,
> you get it and suddenly it is a basket case, and it is someone else's
> fault. That's remarkable coincidence, don't you think?

See above, don't have to say anything else.

> Nope, I am not affiliated with SERCA one bit, don't know what that has
> to do with anything.

It would make sense if you were. There is a camaraderie within SERCA that I
have yet to see elsewhere. I respect your accomplishments with the DSM, but
why not do it with the Nissan? Take your pride and be proud of yourself.
There is no "I" in TEAM. See yah oh proud black sheep, lone wolf and gross
condescender.

-Ron