Subject: average

slamtry slamtry@yahoo.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:45:00 -0600

My '91 Classic currently gets about 24 mpg in normal use. (70% city, 30%
freeway) I get about 28 mpg on pure freeway driving. I was getting about
21.5 on normal driving until I re-re-grounded the MAF. A new O2 sensor and
cleaning the throttle body, both of which I tried first, made no difference.
Nor did (Nissan) plugs and wires. The original owner kept gas mileage
figures and he used to get about 25/26 mpg around town, so performance has
clearly worsened, but I can live with this (Well, unless gas hits $2 a
gallon again which looks increasing likely).