Engine noise on each start

Dustin Buell drivenprimera@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:45:49 -0600

--- Jon Pennington <cowboydren@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- "David P." <yuniverse@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > My noise occurs every time I start the car, no
> matter if it's
> > been driven or not, or if it's hot or cold.

> Total monkey-assed guess here, but what oil filter
> are you using

nope, it's starter squeel.  there are two types of
starters used in our cars, the mitsubishi and the
hitachi.  think the hitachi is the one that makes
noise.  in my experience, it doesn't mean they're bad,
you can use them anyways.  if i remember right, is was
gear/flywheel clearance, once the engine was running,
it would retract too slow and catch the flywheel,
spinning the whole starter.  i just took mine apart
and lubed it up, sanding any rough surfaces in the
selinoid(sp).  try the archives.

good luck,
dustin