Engine noise on each start

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:29:32 -0600

--- "David P." <yuniverse@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My noise occurs every time I start the car, no matter if it's
> been driven or not, or if it's hot or cold.

Total monkey-assed guess here, but what oil filter are you using, and
what weight/type of oil are you using?  I used a Purolator PureOne
for a little while (~2000 miles) and it's startup noise was awful.
Going back to a Nissan filter cleared it all up.  Running
thinner-than-spec oil or synthetic oil at-spec will also make this
worse, though I don't know about warm engines.

=====
--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |