HELP, NEED OPNIONS AND ADVICE

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:37:13 -0600

If you are willing to have a turbo system on your car
and don't particularly care about performance or
safety, you can do a reasonable system that might be
good for about 10-15 seconds of WOT at the most by
running a Vortech FMU with a 10-1 step up with a
larger capcity fuel pump and by retarding your
ingnition timing by 4-6 degrees or getting an MSD BTM
(which is over half the price of the JWT ECU when you
get the MSD 6A with it).  You can get away with 7-10
psi of boost depending on your stomach for boom.

All of this crap can be about 50% of the cost of the
JWT ECU and injectors.  So yes it is cheaper, yes it
will work but it is ghetto and risky at higher boosts.
 Plus it gives up about 10-20 hp right off the bat as
well as the additional reliablity.

It might be false econonmy.

Mike