15" Tire Size

Josh Foster jfoster@hoelscherengr.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:18:00 -0600

Here is my situation: I bought some stock B14 SE-R wheels that have
205-55-15" for my Classic.  The 55 series rubs in the back on the shock
collar.  It appears that my alignment is not out of spec, but I have not had
it checked by a professional.  Now I have searched the archives, but I
didn't find the answer to my situation (maybe I didn't use the right
keywords), but according to SE-R.net the 55 series creates about a 10mm
taller radius than the 50 series, so before I buy another set of tires will
the 50 series fit w/o rubbing?  I would prefer to go w/ the 205-50-15, but
if the possibility of rubbing is present I would be willing to go w/
195-50-15.  Any thoughts and/or experiences are welcome.

Thank you,

Josh Foster
92 SE-R (owned for 8 days)
91 ZTT