Mileage king, I broke it in my way ( Idiots Motor Break in)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:10:41 -0600

Brad SpecV Rulez wrote:

>Thats why i did it and now I feel like i did the
>right thing no matter how much everybody tells me that i am stupid.

You won't find me telling you you're stupid.  The only thing I'd say (and
you didn't mention this) is to just take it easy on the car until it's up
to temp.  Otherwise, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what you did.

When the C4 Vette came out, C&D did a test and asked the Chevy engineers if
you should break your car in any special way.  They said, "only if you want
it to be fast."  C&D asked how it should be broken in, expecting to hear
you should take it easy.  The Chevy engineers said "OH NO, you want to
break it in HARD if you want it to be fast."

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>