Fast & The Furious After Effects?

Josh Brockman jwb1@cec.wustl.edu
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:23:11 -0600

> http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/1647212.html

That thing was a steaming pile of ignorance. F&F, while stupid, was not even
about *car* thieves. They stole electronics. Maybe he got it confused with
"Gone in 60 Seconds" in his desperate attempt at creating a sensational
"hollywood" link in the story.

Apparently they think people are stealing Civics because they saw them in
the movie. So why aren't they stealing 240sxs, Jettas, Skylines, Maximas,
S2000s, Eclipses, Lightnings, etc.? They were featured just as prominently
in the film. News Flash! Civics get stolen because there are millions on the
road, so it's that much easier to fence parts. If "street racers" were
stealing all the cars, wouldn't they at least try to steal something fast?
:)

This part doesn't even make sense:
"The Honda Civic was the second-most-stolen model last year, behind the
Toyota Camry.

'Sometimes we think they're taking a Camry to steal a Honda,' said Cmdr. Tim
Lynch of the St. Paul Police Department."

Someone tell me what he meant by that? Seriously.

No wonder car theft is booming in this region. It's a safe place to try it,
the cops and local media are obviously clueless.

Josh
'91 SE-R x 2