B14 SE-R Fuel Pump Install

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:03:35 -0600

>Any high flow fuel pump whether it be a Bosch, VDO,
>Pierburg, Denso, Mitsubishi, Jecs, Delphi, Visteon,
>AFCO, Weldon, Walbro or any other has the potential to "overwhelm" an
fpr.

Agreed, but every moron running 13's thinks they need a 255 HP in their
car.

>The increased fuel temp is usually caused by an
>increase in the return of heated fuel to the tank.

C'mon, we both know the truth here. The design of the pumps is
inefficient. Something to do with the small body and the design of the
armature. This is what makes them cheap, what makes them loud, and what
makes them heat up the fuel so much. A large body Denso pump does not
heat the fuel nearly as much. I've seen before and after results.

-Jay
(learning to do little things like testing fuel temperature to find out
which products work best)