Grrr. Homemade motor mounts

Joe Stewart jstewart@eCompanyStore.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:46:59 -0600

>Unfortunately, it's really hard to get the center hole aligned properly

Use new mounts as cores, that fixes this problem.

>under load it started pushing out the side of the mount.

Use two large washers (2-3") on the sides of the mounts to hold it in. I
have had to do this with my inserts even to keep this from happening.

>I decided to try to remove all the stock rubber from a mount.

I use one of two methods. Easy: Get a torch, burn rubber, let burn, rubber
melts out. (Do this outside.) Not so easy: Use impact hammer, drive metal
mount insert out.

Homemade motor mounts are good enough to keep 400 + HP at bay during 5000
RPM AWD launches if done properly. ;)

-Jay
97 GSX 11.8 @ 119.7 (tranny muncher)