SV: SV: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Tires?

Carsten Elmegård Carsten.Elmegaard@EMTScenter.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 04:39:33 -0600

Hello Adam,

As I wrote somebody might get more out of the tire than we did, but we
did make hydroplaning tests, and the only tires performing worse than
the 520 was the SP8000 and the P7000.
When you go 80mph you might be "hydroplaning" without knowing it, and it
won't be a problem until you have to make a slight correction or turn!
:o) It is also difficult to measure that way, because first of all it is
very little difference in water depths at these speeds are enough to
make your car hydroplane. I have also been doing over 120mph on my FK
451 in rain weather, where it was raining so much that you had to have
your wipers on normal speed! But then again it is a matter of how the
road is (angle) and how fast the water runs of the road and NOT
gathering in a wheel track! :o) Therefore it is very important to make
the tests on a closed circuit where you know the exact depths of the
water!:o)

We did not test any Kumho tires, because they are not very common on the
Danish market! :o)

Carsten