http://www.car-stats.com/

Patrick Martin patrick_martin33@hotmail.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:48:03 -0600

>>>The spec v can be slower than the non vspec. You have to shift twice to
>>>get to 60mph. the non vspec is 5 speed 1 shift to 60mph. shifting takes
>>>time dont care who you are.
John NISMO SE-R

I'd definitely have to agree with this. The Spec-V has only a meager 10 HP
advantage, plus it has more weight and larger, heavier, harder to rotate
tires with more rotational inertia.

Plus you have a short gear ratio requiring more shifts coupled with a
relatively short redline. I put together a bit of a rant on this on my home
page. Please keep in mind that this is just my humble opinion and it's based
on much besides that. I do think though that the SE-R can be at least as
fast as the Spec V in certain situations.

www.yardgnome.org/ser
-patrick martin 2002 SE-R blackout 5 speed