Spec-V vs Matrix

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:53:46 -0600

>Now I am annoyed with this... just decided to go (buy) with spec-v and now
>it's Matrix! can anyone justify this....I really like the Spec-V...but
>matrix
>cost less....

You couldn't pick two more different engines.  The toyota is 1.8 liters and
rev's very high to get power, the spec v is 2.5 liters and barely revs to
get 175hp.  Go drive both.  I have driven lots of Honda's and don't care for
the super high rev engines.  I hear the Toyota has a even smaller powerband.
  The spec v doesn't rev enough IMHO.  Only you can decide what is right for
you. If you pick a car by the number alone you will always be disappointed
latter.  Something faster always comes along (usually at a
slightly/significantly higher price).  Which car would you still want to
drive when your 3/4 of the way paid off and looking at that new car in the
dealership.  This totally ignores the aftermarket potential of both.  It's
encouraging to see that nissan is going to be supporting the spec v in the
future.

Steve