Fast SE-R

Josh Foster jfoster@norcom2000.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:58:47 -0600

Gentlemen,

I would like to add my $0.02 to this discussion.  I agree that a 5th Gen
(EG) Civic especially a HB w/ a B18C is fun, but it is not stock obviously.
I am a former owner of a hybrid Civic and ridden in a few other B16A and
B18C powered cars that are nice, and some that did not impress me especially
the coveted B16A.  My point is that I am buying a Classic (yes, I do not own
a Sentra - any model) b/c it is a DOHC 2.0 liter motor in a lighter car w/
good brakes and good seats the way it is.  I considered a 5 gen Civ, but
decided against it b/c I would have to source a B18C (roughly $2500 for
swap) but I would still be short good seats and possibly discs brakes in the
rear depending on which model I bought.  So maybe a better comparison would
be a SR20DET B13 against a B18C EG Coupe - not trying to stir the discussion
anymore, but money is the great equalizer which is why a stock B13, B14, or
B15 vs. hybrid Civic is not fair.  Hope I made since.

Josh