stuck door (UPDATE)

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:04:35 -0600

I missed the first part of the post but I had this happen to me in a nissan
before.  It was in an 88 pulsar but I bet nissan has used the same damn thing
in every car sence the early 70s z cars.  What happend was some how one of the
linkage bars got bent just wrong.   Locks you out of the car every time you
lock the door.  You can either pull the panal off from the inside or use a
stiff metal rod and jam it down into the door.  It took me a couple of friends
8 coat hangers and a beer or 30 to get it done.... but my pulsar door opened.
YES NO MORE CRAWLING IN THROUGH THE HATCH.  We had to pull the panal off to
figure out what to bend and move but thats what we had to do.

-sean