Mffler or Exaust

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:01:26 -0600

At 05:51 PM 2/5/2002 -0600, McDaddi007@aol.com wrote:

> Will a new muffler up my performance at all or will it simply make my car
> louder?

Actually, there's a good chance you'll lose some of your "power."  The
variable-capacity muffler is designed to allow top-end power if at all
possible without sacrificing low-end noise and torque.  Get one if you like,
there's lots of information on SE-R.net, G20.net, and B15Sentra.net, but
it's not going to gain you much by itself.  Even a full 2.25" cat-back
exhaust system is a bit of a waste until you have a header.

Nissan did a good job.  Leave it alone for now. ;)

--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |