Broken into car and stuck door....

Kyle R. Davis kyle93ser@yahoo.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:29:51 -0600

Well I've just joined the "got my car broken into" club, with out even
trying, shit, with out the car even in my possession..

I lent my SE-R to a local list member that is doing a turbo project, and had
no ride, because his car was down for two weeks.

I was to get my car back today... last night he calls me to inform me that
for some reason the drivers side door is stuck locked.

I'm like, "ah.. ok?"  So he gets the car to his apartment, leaves it parked
in his parking lot, and doesn't bother to remove the face plate on my CD
head unit.

Granted my SE-R looks like crap, BUT it doesn't make a difference.. if
there's a CD player in there.. they'll get it.

They broke out the pass side rear quarter window.  Used a screw driver to
pry between the dash and the center console bezel to get the bezel out of
the way.  Then unscrewed the head unit and clipped the wires.

This all happened the night before I was to receive the car back.

So, other then replacing the broken or stolen parts, I'm wondering how the
hell I'm going to get the driver side door open?

It will not unlock, any ideas?

Man, seems like over the past 8 months or so, I try to help people out, and
some how I get screwed..

Advice... remove your face plate (I always do), and if anyone borrows your
car.. make sure they do too!

I have never had anything stolen from any of my cars in my possession..
though I have had items stolen when the car was at a shop once and this
time.