ECU swapping in 2000+ with Immobilizer...

David Evans david@b15sentra.net
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:07:14 -0600

This really won't be a feasilble solution.  The way the NVIS works is that
for a key to be encoded you must use a consult II and reencode all keys.
That would mean having access to a consult with the NVIS card to encode the
keys and the system itself.  I believe after 1997 they changed from using a
Consult I to the Consult II.  I think the most feasilbe solution is going to
be completly disabling the NVIS system itself.  That still leaves the alarm
itself though I believe.  I have to do some more checking to see if that is
tied into the ecu though.

    -=david