ECU swapping in 2000+ with Immobilizer...

UXB brian@unxplodedbomb.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:30:03 -0600

OK,  upon further looking I think I was looking
too deep into this and I'm back to square one
and believe there wont be any problems...

The NVIS has five wires to it:

-power
-ground
-ignition key code IN
-code output to ECU on pin 116
-warning light output

I mistakenly thought I read that 116 was going
from the ECU to the NVIS.  It looks like it is
in fact going from the NVIS to the ECU on pin
116.

Using the older ECU and leaving this wire out of
the loop should result in nothing being affected.

This is what Travis, David and I had previously
spoken about, but last night I thought was incorrect.

Sorry for the wasted time...  my brain hurts.  ;-P

-Brian