ECU swapping in 2000+ with Immobilizer...

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:19:10 -0600

UXB wrote:

> If everything matches up the NVIS outputs the start signal
  which eventually comes back to the ECU on a pin which is
  labeled "start signal"  I'll have to look up the pin again
> but I'm thinking it was pin 41 (have to check).

So then from what I see here then the car will start w/ the 97
ECU no problems.  You will just wind up not having any
security system.

I would suggest disconnecting the NVIS harness just so it doesn't
send any false signals to the 97 ECU.  This was a problem with
the 98's and some of the extra emission sensors.

RK