New Clutch Time

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:14:19 -0600

"Gregg, Daryl" wrote:

> Any help would be apreciated i have no clue what JWT offers as of stages, or
> steps but i have to order today asap so i can get my car back on the road.

AFAIK they only have the 2 clutches.  The regular PP that you would use
with the a B15 disc.  This I was told *should* hold about 250whp.  This
is stuck pedal feel without minor harsh engagement.  Minor because
you can chirp 2nd and possibly 3rd gears.  Nice clutch.

The other setup is the Metal One Side.  This is two pieces.  The disc
on the flywheel side has 8 metal "pucks" instead of the usual
material.  On the PP side its the usual material.  The PP plate is
the same except its machined so the beefier disc will fit into it.
This clutch has no harsh engagement.  It *WILL* *NOT* chirp any
gear.  This isn't to say it doesn't hold.  It's just that it
doesn't grip immediately.  As the heat builds up on the metal side
it starts to grab.  It's very much like a stock feel.  However
its been holding my turbo just fine.  I can do a 2nd gear dump and
smoke the tires no problems. How long it lasts I don't know.

Pictures of disc
http://www.cmpmhmr.cog.pa.us/~rkawski/pics/mods/clutch/DSC00400.JPG
http://www.cmpmhmr.cog.pa.us/~rkawski/pics/mods/clutch/DSC00399.JPG

RK