california emissions

PCT Hiker pcthiker@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:29:38 -0600

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:46:32 -0600, Marco Canta <marco_canta@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm moving to Pasadena, CA in about a week and I just
>want to know about the details of this smog test and
>visual test I keep hearing about.  I have a Hotshot
>header on my 97 SE-R.  Does that mean that I have to
>say goodbye to my header since I recall hearing that
>it won't pass the visual test or something?

Hi Marco,

An associate of mine had a HS header on his '91 for several years before
installing a DET.  He never seemed to have problem smogging it here in the
SF Bay Area. Apparently, none of the places he went ever even commented on
it during visual.  If you're good with sheetmetal you might construct a
heat-shield along the lines of the factory one...my associate reportedly
started working on something like this but never got the mounting points
finished.

Now, if my associate could only find a good place to take his DET...