2002 Birthdefect

Patrick Martin patrick_martin33@hotmail.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:53:04 -0600

*I forgot to mention in my first (and last) post about my initial birth
defects.

I got one of the very first SE-R's made (and somehow got it for like several
thousand under sticker)...

However, I got about 300 miles on it and the throttle got stuck wide open in
first gear in downtown traffic shortly after the check engine light came on.

I hadn't driven out a full tank of gas on it yet and when I looked at the
manual it said the engine light meant low gas, refill, and wait for it to go
out.

I did that, and then the throttle thing happened. I brough it to the dealer
and they had the car for over 2 weeks, they had no idea what was wrong.

They said that since this was one of the first sold, and had basically the
most miles at the time, they litterally needed to fly an engineer out from
california to look at my car, which they did.

They ended up replacing every sensor in the car, along with the catalytic
converter. It was apparently burning 1/2 to 1 quart of oil per fillup.

Thankfully there had only been about 1.5 fillups at the time.

I was pretty upset about the whole thing, it didn't LOOK like it was burning
oil... at anyrate, it's fixed and my gas milleage is much better.

2002 SE-R 5 Speed
Blackout
3000 Miles