DIY Alignment

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:07:59 -0600

David, NISMO SER wrote:

>I don't know how many of you do your own alignment but I personally would
>like to learn how to do it.

Funny you should mention this!

There is currently a discussion, OK argument, on the 944 mailing list about
this very subject.

You can certainly learn to do your own alignments.  You need to be patient
- especially while learning.  For the cost of about 4 alignments you could
get a Smart Camber Gauge and toe plates.  You will need to set some string
or thin wire up to be able to measure thrust angle.  But, you should be
able to get repeatable results to within 1/16-1/32".

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>