DIY Alignment

NISMO SER nissan98ser@hotmail.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:53:25 -0600

Hi LMs

I don't know how many of you do your own alignment but I personally would
like to learn how to do it.  The reason why I want to do my own alignment is
that I couldn't find any good and trustworthy alignment shop around my area.
  Secondly, instead of letting those monkeys working on my alignment and
paying them $65 bucks (you can buy lots of bananas with $65), I figure it's
better for me to use the $65 to get some cheap equipment and try the monkey
guessing myself.

I read Mike K. suspension article, he uses the smart camber gauge and toe
plate and I found those equipment to have reasonable price on the internet.
When doing alignment the important things are camber, caster and toe right?
is there anything else that needs to be aligned? and can it be done without
getting on the alignment chassis?  The camber/caster adjustment should be
easy because I have Motivational CO and GC CC Plate.  Please let me know all
the equipment I need and I'll figure out all the monkey work.

By the way I also saw Smart Camber Gauge II on the internet, is this the
enhanced version of Smart Camber Gauge?

thanks a lot
David
98 SER w/ a noisy suspension