Spec V On Motorweek

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:36:10 -0600

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 10:21, Ron A wrote:

> 91 Classic  0-60  7.5   1/4 mile  15.9@89mph
> 00 Sentra SE PP  0-60  8.3  1/4 mile  16.3@84mph
> 02 Spec V  0-60  7.1  1/4 mile  15.5@90mph.

I really don't understand what all the fuss was about in October; the
Spec-V is an improvement in every way over it's direct predecessor (my
car), and even exceeds the Classic.  It's a good car, dammit!  If the
redlines weren't so low on the SE and the SE-R, they'd be quite a bit
quicker in both 0-60 and 1/4; the one thing Nissan did screw the pooch
on.

> Obviously the Spec V was faster. What concerned me was the wheel hop on
> the Spec V on the 1/4 mile run and the lifting of the inside rear wheel
> when driven through the cones. Neither of the other two cars did that.

What do you mean the SE didn't wheel-hop?  Lifting the inside rear is a
common manifestation with stiff suspensions; I really don't think it's a
problem.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |