Any ideas on what to do with a G20 5spd Tranny?

Joe Stewart jstewart@eCompanyStore.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:36:53 -0600

>I want the SE-R/NX2K LSD Tranny.  I need somthing good with no 5th gear
popout.

Are you sure that the G20 tranny you have is not an LSD one? It could be
either. Find out for sure before you waste any more time.

If you want a tranny that is 5th gear popout resistant, get a 95+
transmission. There are some very minor differences, but the tranny will
work just fine in your car. As far as the G20 trans goes, keep it. You can
use the G20 gearset in an LSD tranny so if you ever get 5th gear popout,
blow out 3rd gear, whatever, it's about a 1 hour job to swap the gearsets on
the car for me.

-Jay