91 SE-R now with DET + TMIC data

Antonio Garcia antoniog@yahoo.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:45:19 -0600

--- Rob Cadle <robcadle@hotmail.com> wrote:

> HAHAHAHA!!  The interheater is a POS!!!

Yeah, I knew it was, but I've heard hood scoops can work wonders. Larry
Low ran the top mount with a hood scoop at saw intake temps at 60 F
while cruising on the freeway. Not bad at all!

> So, your interheater is cooling your charge air
> down a whole 10 degrees!  Wow!  That's like a 12% heat exchanger
> effectiveness!

So, at least I proved it's not an interHEATER, it does do something.
Better than nothing. ;-)

> I wouldn't get really scared unless the intake manifold temp got over
> about 160 degrees. Then you'd have a problem.

Good info to know, but I don't even think that "cheapish" thermometer
even has a range up to 160 F. Time to upgrade and use a real
thermocouple. Response time would be a lot better too.

> make sure you get don't have the interheater when the summer comes!

Yup, the FMIC kit is on the way. Thanks for the info!

Antonio
91 SE-R w/ turbo