b15 brakes same as....?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:50:21 -0600

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 18:22, Soonthorn, Marvin STG2(SW) (HAYLER) wrote:

> Since we are on the B15 brake subject... I haven't seen on the B15 boards
> yet, but has anyone upgraded rotors to say, slotted or cross drilled yet?

Well, strictly speaking, those aren't much of an upgrade unless you're
tracking.  I've had cars before, though, that I've had to pull the pads
every couple of months and sand the glaze off of, but the SE hasn't done
that to me yet.  Slotted rotors are known to reduce this phenomena, if
you're having trouble with it, but also tend to chew pads quicker than
standard rotors.

> I'm guessing if there's an application for Altima's or as David said '96
> Maxs, it could be done. Just looking to add to my SMC brake line upgrade. =)

Power Performance (maker of the PowerSlot brand) does not have a rotor
application for the U14/B15 that I can see, but I want to cross-
reference the rotor P/Ns with other Infinity products to make sure that
I'm not missing anything.  I want PowerSlot because they're available in
Silver Cad, IOW, it's an appearance upgrade. :)  Fun thing; if you type
these P/Ns into Google:

  40206-9E001 - B15 and U14 Front brake rotor and
  43206-9E601 - B15 and U14 Rear brake rotor

You get exactly two results each; the Courtesy Parts pages for brake
parts on the respective platforms. :)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |