SR20VE

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:03:31 -0600

Rob Cadle wrote:

> That setup will make about 160 hp at the wheels, max.  The stock
> exhaust/interheater deal sucks.  A VE will make more power.  Hell, my car
> makes more power (less torque, though).

Whats a stock VE make at the wheels?

> You can never beat a turbo for hp/$,

My point exactly!

> but if you can get a VE for $1000, you're getting a good bargain.

There aren't enough VE's in the states yet.  When there are it
will be a good upgrade.  But IMO we need more on these shores before
it will be cheap.  I know of only 1 SR20VE on the road, Carl's.
If people want to be innovative and get VE's more power to them.

But I still think the DET is a better value at this point.

RK