Coilovers? Opinions?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:05:47 -0600

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 08:54, Leenahz@aol.com wrote:

> Ground Control is an obvious choice, but like any other product, there
> has been conflicting opinions.

Who's saying bad things about GC?  At any rate, GC on SE-R has a much
higher satisfaction rate than any other coilover company on any other
platform I've heard of.

> Anyone familiar with H&R or Dropzone?  Personal experience or hear say?

This is hearsay, but I've NEVER heard a good word said about DZ
coilovers from somebody who knows anything about suspension.  H&R,
knowing their racing background, probably isn't a *bad* choice, but
their SE-R offering is most likely not tuned as well as the GC kit.  I
sincerely doubt that it's suitable for street use at all.

> As with anyone, I do not want a horribly bouncy ride.

I'd bet that with your needs, this has more to do with your dampers than
your coilover springs.  Why mess with success?  GCs plus AGX adjustables
make for an excellent street suspension that also happens to kick a lot
of ass for a $900 total investment.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |