ECU dyno testing

Storm88000@aol.com Storm88000@aol.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:49:02 -0600

Kevin wrote:
< it was just the addition of the huge ammounts of emmisions stuff on
 the 98+'s.  Thats why Naji used to complain all the time cause JWT never
 made a ecu that didnt require hacking for his 98 se-r.  Where as the rest of
 us with real se-r's (ducking...wait some say i dont have a real se-r....so
 maybe i should take up arms) dont have to worry about such petty things as
 rear o2's and log rear ends... :P j/k >

Hey watch it there "Big Daddy!" :) ;).... I think it's a semi mis-conception
that ECU swaps "won't work" on the 98-99's....it works, but you will get a
light and your idle might hunt around a bit. I took me a whole 5 minutes to
put a 94 G20 ECU in my 98 and it works perfectly and I love the extra
redline.

Sure, I wish I had a '97 for the LSD but I think the whole "JWT won't make an
ECU for the 98-99 cars!!" whining is not a big deal at all.

Jordan
'98 SE