SR20VE

Linus Hong lhong@ybust.edu.cn
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:15:01 -0600

Hey All,
I was wondering with all this swapping how many of you
know anyone that has done a straight VE swap non turbo
no other stuff?  i have seen the article aobut
minopoli's car.  BTW where has he been I haven't been
on this list since 2 years or so ago due to work
overseas.

Is it pretty straight forward and similar to a regular
JDM DE swap or are there alot more factors involved
other than the new ecu rpogram to control the VVL?  I
would like something like a VE engine just cause it's
something different and I just don't feel like dealing
with the turbo and everything that goes along with it.
 Don't get me wrong though, I am a boost junkie but I
want to make a nice NA powered daily / weekend
autoxer.

BTW I have a 94 se-r with lo port.  I understand that
the VE is lo port also. So will a CAI setup on my
current ride fit?  And what about headers?  I know
that the HS will fit but they don't completely match
up well and that SR20development is working on them
with HS.  I just don't want to bother them with
inquiries if I am still debating on doing this in the
future.  Any info on this subject would be very much
appreciated such as parts needed, some installation
notes special to this engine etc. etc.  If this has
been discussed before I apologize but I hate looking
through the archives.  It makes me batty!!

TIA,
Linus