2003 Convention

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:53:19 -0600

Well guys, it may *SEEM* a bit premature but the time is right to discuss
the following year's convention.  Traditionally we'd like to announce the
following year's convention location at the present year's
convention.  This year's convention is at a weird time of the year (being
in March to avoid extreme heat) so I think it'd be fitting to see if there
is any other interest out there in locations for a convention.  Now I know
we've had this discussion many times before (sometimes the discussions got
silly even) but I'd like to only talk to people who are *SERIOUS*  I don't
want to hear anyone bitching about where it's being held and not willing
to stand up to the plate and do something about it!  Serious inquiries
only!  We have one bid from Kansas City to hold the 2003 Convention.  I,
personally, think this would be awesome.  As SERCA grows, we'll be able to
make this possibly the largest gathering of SE-Rs due to Kansas City's
central location (look at any map and it's almost always directly in the
center) as well as the fact that we'll be continuing to grow as a club and
gaining new members.  My vote goes for 2003 (unless someone can
conceivably provide a convincing argument for why it should *NOT* be in
KC)...

Maybe we can start a dialogue now for where the convention will be held in
2004?  I'd prefer it if you would respond back to me directly (or at least
CC me) since I look at the digests that I receive with no certain
frequency.

kieran