Best BANG for your buck..?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:57:29 -0600

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 22:06, Soonthorn, Marvin STG2(SW) (HAYLER) wrote:

> -Stromung Cat Back, but I'm a big fan of the 2 1/4" midpipe with a
> custom muffler, of your choice, of course! You can definitely pay less if
> you try to make your own. The stock muffler isn't bad either too.

With his car being an automatic, I'd definitely stick with the stock
piping and muffler.  Ours are of good design, adequate diameter, and I
hear they're stainless.  To keep enough exhaust gas velocity to make the
car "drivable", I wouldn't want to mess with this.  A header would be
nice, since it has superior scavenging to a cast manifold in the
mid-range and upper-range of the RPM band, and I'd be willing to bet
that it would be in a dead heet with the manifold off-idle, if you kept
the pipes stock.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |