Phantom Grip info

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:53:34 -0600

mike kojima <choaderboy2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The Quaife and Torsen FWD diffs also use bind
>to control the slip

True, but it's quite different how the Torsen (and Quaife) do it (within the
gears).

>so it is not as mickey mouse as it sounds.

Actually, I wasn't trying to suggest it was Mickey Mouse.

>As far as them breaking 944 diffs, they don't make a
>944 application so I am not sure what the Porshe guys
>are talking about.

Actually, I clarified by statement by saying the same thing.  It was second
hand information based upon use on other cars
>The device is so simplistic and solid that I can't see
>it causing a big failure.

What was being reported was the spring mechanism coming apart or breaking.  I
don't remember 100% (hey, I'm an old fart, but you understand ;-).  I could
look back at it and try to pull the info if I still have it in my trash bin in
my home e-mail.

Doesn't really matter though.  I was not trying to diss the product.  I still
think it's a cool product.  I was just trying to pass along some information
while clarifying that I didn't have *all* the information.

George

http://mail2web.com/ .