Automatic Axles?

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:22:53 -0500

Ok Im in need of new axles im pretty sure.  Getting clicking and such while
turning and accelerating, so probaly time for new ones.  The boots arent
tore or anything they appear to be fine but getting clicking like cv joint
going.  So I was wondering if anyone has done this before and has tips or
suggestions?  Also are they different and/or more expensive than manual
axles?  I cant immagine they are that much different, maybe length.

Oh yea, the other night the car turned 160,000.  Made sure she crossed that
point pullng hard past 6000.  Still pulls hard my little old car.  Figure
its time to freshen things up like axles, tranny, and that mount ive
neglected for a year now.  Now if I just had a job to do all this.

I know from experience there is NOTHING in the archives about automatics.
Well most nothing, depsite me and Doc Lew I dont think anyone has said
anything about them.  Carl doesnt post alot so no word from him.  Im in the
minority here, but still yet the auto classic is fun, not my first pick but
I would buy her again.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
like a redheaded stepchild