P10 LSD conversion axle weirdness

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:01:45 -0500

Needed a new axle for my P10 with a LSD swapped in. I had made my
previous axle from a NX2000 inner joint and axle, and the other P10
joint. Well, getting a new axle I couldn't tell them I made it because
there would them be no warranty. (This is at a big place that actually
rebuilds the axles in house.) So I insisted that it was a 93 P10 with
LSD. This CV place was the only one out of all the dozen or so parts
stores I called who knew the difference with an LSD, all the other
places listed only one axle.

Anyway, the real P10 LSD axle was about 3/4" longer than what I had. The
axle guy wasn't happy with this, so we kept looking. Turns out the
automatic axle for a P10 is about 1/4" longer than the combination that
I had made. Fits perfect, so that's now what I am running.

I'm not sure what this all means, but I decided to bring it up for
archival purposes.

-Jay
03.5 G20 with some cool stuff