Found my dream Nissan

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
21 Dec 2001 14:41:18 -0600

On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 03:02, Alex C. Chang wrote:

> b) I'd hardly call an engine that is an evolution of the L-series engine a
> "truck" engine.  FYI the KA24DE was first found in the Stanza.

Stanza as in US-spec Bluebird?  That's interesting.  I always liked the
Stanza...  You can make a KA rev if you want to, but that's not what
they were made for.  KAs were made to grunt, i.e. pulling a load in a
truck or hauling the heft of an Altima or 240SX without boosting.  You
can make a KA do about the same thing as an SR, but it costs just as
much money as getting an SR.

> c) If you really want the S15 6-speed, go find a 10th anniversary Miata.  It
> runs the exact same tranny with almost the exact same gearing...

That's *REALLY* interesting.  Do you think the Miata transmission would
bolt to the SR20DET's bellhousing?  By SR20DET, I mean on that you'd buy
from a JDM engine importer to put in an S-car.

> d) 180SX's are not whimpy.

Compared to what else is available on the same platform, yes they are.
;)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |