Moving to NC

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:49:25 -0500

Well there is a growing group in the NC area.  Check on the board,
www.sr20deforum.com i know they have asked if more are around.  Im up in
upper east TN, about an hours drive or little more up the backoads(most
direct way).  There are a few people in mid-NC i know of.  Then you are also
within a couple hours drive from ATL....so its not too bad of an area.

> OH to the Asheville, NC area.  Any other list folks around there?  I
> checked the se-r.net registry, but it looks like there weren't any in the
> western part of the state.

Yup...nothing around here that I know of.  Check good old scca.org i think
there is some auto-x's in mid-NC and stuff.  But Im planning a mini meet
march 15(week after the convention for all that arent going in the east).
There is the SCCA Pro-Rally in Chattanoga that weekend, Im going down to
watch.  Going to see if we can get a few people to show up for a
meet-and-greet type of thing mainly.  Then in the warmer months Im going to
put on a geekout or something, Im spitting distance from Bristol Motor
Speedway, and they have drag racing up there in Thunder Valley for something
to do(i hate dragging tho).  Id say get on the board and look in the
reginonal of south and east sections(since I have no clue if im south or if
im east)...

> Any idea if there's any motor-sports stuff around there (tracks, SCCA,
NASA
> or other clubs, etc?)  Looks like I'm SOL unless I want to get into the
"go
> fast, turn left" scene [blah!]   Thanks!

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
and welcome to the dirty south