AGX on stock springs - will I like them?

Probe Dude probedude@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:48:53

My 1991 SE-R with 152K miles is showing its age in the suspension
department.  I did the whole suspension upgrade on my 1991 240SX but left
the suspension completely stock on the SE-R.

I'm looking for stiffer handling than stock, wouldn't mind lowering the car
a bit, but I need whatever combination to be completely streetable and not
pounding or scraping on every driveway.  This is a freeway commuter car, and
a weekend toss around fun car.  (My 240 is a REALLy fun tossable car, but
the rear end breaks loose too easily)

I was going to get the Tokico HPK225 spring/strut package but was told this
was too much of a drop and really mushy.

Someone mentioned AGX struts with the stock springs works well.
Any comments?  What's worked for you?  I don't want to have to make this
purchase more than once.

TIA
Dave