Cold start probs with a 93 Infiniti G20

Graham, Ted Ted_Graham@csgsystems.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:32:42 -0700

Thanks for the quick response.  What is "dry gas"?  A web search turned up a
few hits, sounds like it is used for frozen gas lines.  Seems like flooding
is the opposite of a blocked line.

What does a carburetor have to do with the first mechanic's response?  Is
holding the throttle 1/3rd open something you do with a carb?

I have never replaced the cap, rotor or wires.  Could problems there be
causing the flooding?  Or problems there cause a weak spark, which fails to
start the car, which leads to flooding?

Is there any way to check for bad injectors?  Would bad or dirty injectors
squirt liquid gas into the cylinder instead of a gas/air vapor?  Then that
causes flooding?

Finally, once it is flooded, if holding the throttle down and cranking
doesn't start it, is there something else I can do?  I can carry a plug
wrench and new plugs, but will they help?  I've heard of "starting fluid",
but I don't know when or how to use it.  This is our skiing/camping/kayaking
car since I have a Miata, so I need to be able to start it.

I'm responding to the list as well so that others can see the responses,
please let me know if this discussion should be in email instead.

Thanks much,
	Ted