Possible high rate, OEM type spring deal

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:20:46 -0800 (PST)

> Remember when your buddy Ben prototyped their springs and
> everyone was screaming to get them to make a 300/200 set? The
> guy who Ben was dealing with at the time (Ricard? - who is no
> longer there) absolutely  refused to do it.

 I believe you are talking about my efforts. That would be
awesome if you guys could actually get them to make the springs
we originally wanted. Here is a list of measurements that I took
for Richard. These include all of the info on the stock springs
for a 1993 NX2K. The Suspension test points should be the same
between a NX and a Classic. Hopefully this information can be of
some use. I also have it in a spreadsheet that I can send to
you.

Spring Dimensions (in inches)
	        Front	Rear
Wd.	        0.493	0.461
Id.(top)	4.625	4.625
Id.(btm)	4.625	4.625
Od.(top)	5.625	5.625
Od.(btm)	5.625	5.625
Nt.	        6	5
Free Length	15.25	11.875

End conditions	Front		Rear
	        Top 	Bottom	Top	Bottom
Id/Od locating	Od	Od	Od	Od
Open	        0.75	0.375	0.313	0.125
Ground	        no	no	no	no

0-180	        5.625	5.625	5.625	5.625
90-270	        5.625	5.625	5.625	5.625
180-360	        5.625	5.625	5.625	5.625
270-450	        5.625	5.625	5.625	5.625
360-540	        5.625	5.625	5.625	5.625
450-630	        5.625	5.625	5.625	5.625

Suspension Test Points
	                       Front	Rear
Free Length	               15.25	11.875
Rebound	                       10.5	10.5
Static	                        8	7.75
Bump	                        5	4.25
Solid (bump stop removed)	4	3.5
Bump Stop Height	        2	2

Ben
'93 NX

=====
#7 Illinois Football 10-1 (7-1 Big Ten) Big Ten Champs!
#8 Illinois Basketball 7-2
Go Illini!