Automobile

Mike Schaeffer mschaef@mschaef.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:50:34 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Jon Davis wrote:

> Mike Schaeffer wrote:

> > * Interior - Santa Monica Transvestive Hookers apparantly find
> >   the SE-R's cloth fabric tacky. I don't know if they polled such

> LMAO! That's great... I think the comment meant: "the people with the
> least  taste in the world find the seats tacky, how much worse does it
>bug normal folk".

Yeah... that's the impression I got too, from the review, but it seemed
like their prose was far more vitriolic whem talking about the SE-R.  The
whole transvestite hooker thing struck me like they were reaching beyond
their range of adjectives in a lame, 3rd grade, attempt to say they didn't
like red fishnet seat cloth. It goes beyond the seating cloth
commentary, as I mentioned in my other post. And this, actually, leads me
to a couple questions.

When I test drove the car, I didn't get the chance to push it as hard as
I would have liked.  It was a test drive, and seeing the 10 miles on the
odometer, the wife in the passenger seat, and the salesmen in the back,
made me wary of manuvers that would test the LSD. Lee Koloszyc, in his
response to my post, mentioned that the LSD did cause steering issues.
I'm just curious if it causes issues that I should have felt without
breaking a front wheel loose.  I plan on test driving the car again, and
am curious how I should look for these sorts of issues without doing
anything too stupid on public roads.

> Did you notice the fabric also resembles hooker
> stocking material?

Yeah...

> I am having a hard time thinking of a word that describes how much I
> hate those seats!

Doesn't the WRX also have fishnet-style cloth?  I seem to remember a
blue/black design similar to the SE-R's.  Is this just a color thing?

Thanks for the input!

-Mike