SE-R Replacement

Bill Shafer wgs at zoominternet.net
Fri Feb 15 06:48:45 CST 2008

  Heh . . go to the Corvette forums and read about all the problems Vette owners have with their cars.  Hardly trouble free.

  Don't forget most of the people that post on forums have problems.

  I remember when I was autocrossing, a guy had a toyota Corolla, one of the last rear wheel drive coupes.  His car had 150k miles on the original engine and this guy drove the wheels off it.  Those little engines also redlined at 7500 RPM, but he constantly found his rev limiter.  He couldn't break that car as hard as he tried.

  Remember the Toyota FX16 GT-S back in the eighties? I think they advertised 10k between oil changes. Only about 100hp though.

  Still have my '91 Classic but mostly drive a Minivan (Quest) and 5 series BMW. It's still a treat to drive the se-r.

  Bill  91 Classic  104K