SR20 20th ?!?

JaretR1 at aol.com JaretR1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 10:28:34 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/14/2008 10:18:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
geo31 at suddenlink.net writes:

First of all, I still love this list. It's SO satisfying to see so many of
the old timers still around. It's interesting that many of us have moved on in
some fashion or another, but still love this car.
I miss my SE-R. I still have it, but when I was working on my 944 one day
and saw a piece of rusted metal fall off the SE-R I realized that while I
wanted to keep it for the rest of my life, it's entirely too far gone to  justify
restoring it. I'd have to reaplace half the coachwork. The 4 years it  spent in
the northeast before I moved to Houston was just too much damage to
overcome. Still, I'm having a hard time either selling it or parting it (but  hell,
I'll entertain offers :-).

Yes, its quite satisfying.  I dont think there is another list like  this
anywhere, on any subject.

Funny about the rust, my 91 had practically no rust.  Just a little on  the
bottom of the front fenders and the one area on the A pillar inside the  front
door.  Nothing on the undercarriage whatsoever.  I think it  might have been
coated, or just from never being up North.

Mine is restored esthetically for the most part now...I will keep it
forever.  Even though it doesn't handle like my RSX, and not as quick, its  a still a
blast to drive.  That equation the automakers need to find, fun  to drive and
affordable.

I can relate to Wayne though and his RSX.  Its a great car, but I dont  have
the attachment to mine like I did with the SE-R.  However...my RSX is  the
first car I, or anyone I know that has ever bought a new car, has never  needed a
drop of warrantee work or a visit to the dealer in 26k miles.  Its  just been
dead reliable.  I just keep changing the oil and rotating the  tires.

Jaret

Awards. Go to AOL Music.