Strange problems after Outlaw...

hlava lhlvava at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 16 21:03:25 CDT 2004

I had the same problem on cold starts after doing my tb cleaning. My idle
stayed around the 2000 rpm mark... actually, even after it was warm, too.

I've finally got it to settle down to a jumpy area between 650 and 1000.
Worse, I can not, now, get the car into timing mode.

Peter, go ahead and clean the AICV. I cleaned that and a couple of other
things, which is how I got mine to lower. Next, I'll replace my IAC unit or
at least redo the idle screw w/o using an o-ring.

Is it possible that your tb solenoid got adjusted out of whack? From what I
remember, that can also cause similar problems to yours... i.e. it might
have accidentally gotten rotated/twisted out of sync.

Peace,
Mark