Plated Rotors (yes, again)

Bill Conner annapolis13315 at netzero.com
Thu Feb 19 06:13:20 CST 2004

Jon Pennington wrote:

> I'm kind of afraid of the hum that may exist with a
> slotted rotor, and am really leaning towards a "blank" rotor that has been
> plated.  What are your impressions?

I have had experience with Power Slot slotted rotors (not drilled).  Although
there was some noise until they got bedded in, after that, the noise was not a
problem.  I really did not notice any benefit in stopping power, fade, or any
other way.  On the track they worked well until I melted my R4S pads.

On balance, I would not spend the extra money again to get slotted rotors for
use on the street or the track.  Just my opinion....

Bill Conner