GTi-R swap

Raymond Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:26:38 -0600

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:39:08 -0600, Jon Pennington wrote

> About 100 HP worth, maybe more.  There are some seriously scary 'Rs out
> there on stock internals with monster turbos that are *not* located

Yeah but do you really need a 500whp SE-R?  My car at 16psi (probably around
315whp) is scarey fast.  Plus our trans is a POS.

> stock 'R bottom can take that
> (more or less) daily; can a Bluebird?

Dunno.

> The 'R has a much improved oiling system, stronger block, totally
> different valvetrain, and *both* engines have piston squirters. ;)

<LarryWeeks>So</LarryWeeks>:)

> This is absolutely, positively, 100% the best advice I've seen in
> this conversation yet.  If you just want boost, bragging rights are
> not worth the GTi-R expense.  If you want 'R-like power, start with
> an 'R turbo manifold, a Disco Potato turbo, and talk to JWT about
> fuel supply needs (probably something like a Z32 MAF sensor and MSD
> 50lb/hr injectors).

I have a GTi-R turbo and manifold with the "Cadle Spec" T04B compressor
housing.  My car dynoed at 285whp with a cat at 14psi.  Spool up is only
slightly slower then the Disco Potatoe, didn't drive it but have ridden in
it.  At 4K rpms I can go from 20inHg to 14psi pretty much instantly.   This
is on a stock DE.  Again I'm not sure what the person who started this
thread wanted but a BB DET or a stock DE with a T will surely make enough
power to put a big grin on your face.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski