"Alfie" Alfonso Rojas Funeral Service

Carlos Gutierrez cgutierrez@ci.glendora.ca.us
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:11:53 -0600

Zak put it so well (on the SoCal list):

>>Alfie is the second SE-R list member I've known who has died. I didn't
know him very well but it hurts anyway. I think that says something
about our community, and the kind of people we are. Neither Matt Kempe
nor Alfie died from gang related violence, street racing, drugs, or any
of the dozens of other stigma sometimes associated with car related
clubs or groups formed of mostly young people.

We in the SE-R crowd seem to attract a decent class of people, I think.
Whenever we have events or track days or cookouts I seem to get along
with everybody. We don't seem to have a lot of lame posturing going on,
and we don't seem to have a lot of riceboy thug types either. Just a
lot of decent people sharing our enthusiasm for motorsports.

And Alfie was one of us. Happy motoring, Alfie.>>

This is so true Zak, and often resounded by the compliments I get about
our group/club/etc. from folks who hang out w/ us for the 1st time.

REMEMBER "MK" ~ It was 3 yrs. ago yesterday that Matt & Andrew set out
on their fateful trip from NorCal just to drive down & help out fellow
SE-R heads & be a part of an automotive event.  For those on the main
list who weren't on it back in 2000, just do a search in the archives or
go to www.se-r.net/ & read the tribute to Matt there.

Today we should all take time out for a moment of silence & remember our
friends, whose memories & the good they did will not be forgotten.  I
for one can never forget, as every time I drive thru that spot on my way
to work I say a little prayer.

Happy Motoring,

CAG